Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Dec 19, 2011 02:51 PM

Substitute permanent filter for a Krups 4-cup coffeemaker?

I recently had a kitchen mishap and destroyed the permanent filter that came with my very basic Krups 4 cup coffeemaker which I've owned for about a decade. I contacted Krups to purchase a new filter, but was told Krups no longer manufactured the Krups 052 Gold Tone Filter. I tried looking online at Amazon and other sites but none of them had any in stock and none of them expected to get more in the future.

I noticed that there were other non-Krup permanent filters on sale, but I don't know if these would fit my machine or would be a suitable replacement. Also, I prefer not to use the paper filters, so if anyone has any experience or advice using other brands of permanent filters for coffeemaker, I would appreciate hearing from you. I have no idea if the permanent filters are standardized in size and shape or specific to the brand and make. From the few pictures I saw, they all looked the same, but I really have no idea.


  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I needed the same filter and actually found it on eBay. There is also a Cuisinart GTF-4 permanent filter...according to a review on Amazon it will fit the Krups coffee maker. Good luck!