Brief Maui Thanksgiving Holiday Report
Went to Sheraton Maui this past week...been many times before. A couple of foodie notes:
1. Went to Paia twice...Flatbread Co & Paia Fish Co both were terrific. Highly recommend this town.
2. Spago for Thanksgiving. Best meal yet on Hawaiian Islands (no one ate turkey)...we ordered a bunch of apps (they're all around $25, including soup!)...no a loser among them. Also, FWIW, the keiki meal may be the best deal in Maui - for $15 ($9 for entree alone) you get a three course meal! And real food...not chicken fingers and pb&j.
3. Star Noodle, or is it Noodle Star, was an unexpected delight. Yummy garlic noodles, pork bao and miso salmon in an industrial, modern setting...definitely didn't feel like Lahaina.
4. Leoda's, a new sandwich store south of Lahaina where Chez Paul's (I think) used to be...superb turkey sandwich and one of the best berry pies i'd ever eaten...my entire family wanted to return to get another!
5. Ono Gelato - excellent, certainly as good as any in LA.
6. Genki Sushi - My kids love it...especially the terrific Chicken Karage for $2.90. Your standard conveyor belt sushi, but makes for good take out and inexpensive.
That's about all I can remember...weather was sunny, but really windy!