HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What are you cooking today? Get great advice

E. Dehillerin Copper Cookware

Katebug Nov 28, 2011 10:05 PM

I just recently purchased a piece of Dehillerin cookware. It has the initial H F stamped on the side. Are these initials the copper smith who crafted the pan?

  1. kaleokahu Nov 30, 2011 07:42 AM

    Hi, Katebug:

    You bought a vintage pan, didn't you? If it bears the Dehillerin mark AND HF, in all likelihood the HF is the owner's mark. This was not a sign of vanity, just prudence against pilferage.

    You should research a little bit. You may be able to find out who or what HF was (e.g., "Hotel F_________").


    1 Reply
    1. re: kaleokahu
      Katebug Nov 30, 2011 03:54 PM

      Hello Kaleo:

      Thanks for the information regarding this mark and the purpose behind it. This pan was so beautiful that I had to buy it. I don't have any knowledge about copper ware, but this particular pan has been well used and like I said, it's just too organic and beautiful. Once again, thank you for your time in giving me this feedback. I will do some research.


    Show Hidden Posts