HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >

Quenelle Spoons [moved from Cookware]

derfster Nov 27, 2011 09:53 AM

Hey there! Does anyone know where I can find quenelle spoons for making perfecting turned quenelles like I see on TV? Thanks...

  1. r
    Rompin7 May 31, 2012 11:34 AM

    world market was a decent one for 3 bucks its just not as heavy or deep as i'd like but it works, also the flute collection have heavy deep bowled spoons at http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produc...
    also check j.b prince

    1 Reply
    1. re: Rompin7
      hobbess Jun 5, 2012 12:50 AM

      From JB Prince, you could get the Gray Kunz spoon which is a pretty popular spoon with cooks and chefs. With two of these, you could make quenelles although they're expensive- $10 each and another $10 for shipping.

    2. ingloriouseater Dec 5, 2011 03:01 AM

      in your drawer

      1. w
        wyogal Dec 4, 2011 07:21 AM

        Yes, I agree with everyone else, just try it out with different spoons, it's really not that hard.

        1. r
          Richmond Green Dec 4, 2011 07:10 AM

          I wasn't familiar with the term so I looked it up. Everything I saw said it was practice, practice, practice and any spoon would do.

          Maybe this will help? The music makes it sound like a funeral, but the technique is there.


          1. TSAW Dec 2, 2011 04:28 PM

            Quenelle is a technique, resulting in the mini 'football' like shape, not a tool. It takes a lot of practice but keep trying. You'll get it.

            1. p
              piano boy Nov 27, 2011 10:40 AM

              I don't believe there's a specific spoon for it. Any large dinner spoon can make a quenelle, just takes a little practice. You could experiment with different shaped spoons, rounder/narrower, to find one that you prefer.

              Show Hidden Posts