Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Nov 21, 2011 09:28 PM

Roaster from oven to induction cooktop?

We're getting a new induction cooktop in a couple of weeks. When we do a bird in the oven I usually have moved the pan to our old cooktop and made the gravy from the bits in the pan. Now that we have an induction cooktop I need a roaster that is induction compatible.




  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. You mean a roaster pan, right? In this case, you cannot use pure aluminum roasting pan. This smaller 14" triply roasting pan from Calphalon is induction compatible.

    2 Replies
    1. re: Chemicalkinetics

      Hi CK

      Yes roasting pan is what I meant and your link is a good one. Have you seen a covered version?

      edit: It just occurred to me that our old blue one is likely steel and might work. Magnets in the morning!



      1. re: mdgolfbum

        "It just occurred to me that our old blue one is likely steel and might work"

        :) There you go.

    2. The old blue steel one with the white specks works very well on our induction unit!
      Some times I use it across two coil units!

      1. You'll want a flat-bottomed multi-ply aluminum / magnetic stainless roasting pan.

        Mauviel M'Cook or All-Clad would be good choices if you can afford it. I just got a very large roaster from Cook's Warehouse ($99, and it's about as big as the extra-large All-Clad), which is much cheaper, and is also supposed to be induction compatible. I have a gas range, so can't speak to how it works on induction.

        You may also want to have a look at a few other similar threads like this one:

        1 Reply
        1. re: will47

          Found an induction capable triply covered roasting pan from CIA Masters:

          Replacing existing cookware with induction capable stuff is a bit like a treasure hunt. The good news is that we'll probably get rid of a bunch of seldom used stuff in the process.