Recommendation for restuarant for a dinner out to celebrate our 20 year anniversary
We live in Alameda, CA and would love to find a restaurant with the following attributes to celebrate our 20 year anniversary.
1. Use healthy ingredients: whole grain, organic fruit & veggie, free range animal, seafood from sustainable sources, etc
2. Light and tasty. Not heavy. Open to any ethnic food
3. Romantic ambiance, outdoor seating could be a plus
4. Within reasonable driving distance
5. Have a good wine list
6. Have entertainment nearby or at the restaurant.
7. Ideally we can get a table within a short notice. We are thinking of going this weekend :) (not a lot of advanced planning). But feel free to recommend something that will require more advanced booking. We may have to go to that list.
Thanks in advance.
Have you thought about Chez Panisse (cafe or downstairs)? No outdoor seating and short notice might be an issue (for downstairs) but it meets all the other criteria. Plus it seems 20th appropriate and there's a decent chance it'll be around in 20 more years.
Gather is a good choice for food portion but I'm not sure I'd go there for a 20th anniversary, a bit noisy, cold, trendy and spartan.
1517 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94709
Commis in Oakland has an opening for 2 tomorrow at 8:45 & 9... I haven't eaten there in the past couple of years, but it was a phenomenal meal and meets each of your criteria (though, some dishes may be heavy, the portions may it work.)
3859 Piedmont Avenue, Oakland, CA 94611