what to make my friend for lunch...limited ingredients
Limited ingredients because i am too lazy to go back to the store. I was going to make chili with cornbread muffins but, she doesn't like chili. She is my "foodie" friend. I have ground beef, frozen chicken breasts or a frozen shrimp ring for meat.... beans, lentils, rice, pasta, flour sugar, red wine, whiskey.... garlic onions tomatoes cucumber, arugula, cheese,, sour cream, canned pumpkin, whole grain sliced bread.... what can I concoct?
If it was me I would:
Chop the garlic and dice the onion.
I would skin the tomatoes and dice these.
Sweat off the onions and garlic .
Add some red wine and boil off the alcohol.
Add the tomatoes and then lentils.
Fry for 1 minute and add water and cook.
I would then poach the chicken.
Serve with the sour cream.
I think I would
- season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, a little lemon juice if you've got it, and oil
- roast the tomatoes and onions, then toss them with a little garlic, S&P, some dried herb if you have it (like rosemary, basil, oregano), and a splash of oil
- sear the breast on both sides for about 3 minutes on medium to med high heat then finish them off in the oven
- serve the roasted veg over the chicken breast
- serve an arugula salad on the side dressed with a really simple vinaigrette
Good luck whatever you choose! :)