Help (re)locating a restaurant for dinner tonight
- ChefBoyAreMe Nov 1, 2011 07:51 AM
Several years ago, I had a great seafood meal at a place in Toronto, but can't remember the name or address. I'll list what I can recall, maybe a local Toronto hound can identify it?:
1. We were staying at the Four Seasons, just north of Queen's Park and walked there. I recall it being only a few blocks, and I think we went south and west
2. Place was Yugoslavian (I can't recall more specifically if it was Slovenian, Croatian, etc)
3. I recall it being fairly small, with 2 floors. Sort of the Toronto equivalent of a NY brownstone, maybe? Upstairs, where we sat, I recall the room being a bit red and "bordello-ish"
4. The specialty was whole, fresh fish, brought out on a platter, and when you selected, they would grill whole. Very simple preparation.
Any bells ringing for anyone?