HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Are you making a specialty food?

ISO Tiny Tiny Disposable Aluminum Pie Tins

Jennalynn Oct 31, 2011 10:04 AM

I mean tiny. 2" or so across. Disposable.

Like the size used for soup dumplings... See pic.

Does anyone have an online source?

Or a Los Angeles source?

  1. goodhealthgourmet Nov 1, 2011 04:14 PM

    why not just use a mini-muffin pan? and since you asked specifically for "disposable" i'm guessing you must need them to be easily handled or transferred, so just use mini cupcake papers/liners. if it's a holiday thing you can get the festive foil ones.

    3 Replies
    1. re: goodhealthgourmet
      Jennalynn Nov 1, 2011 07:05 PM

      I want to make mini pies. One or two bites. Paper won't do. Nor will muffin tins.

      I know they exist, because the dumplings above are exactly what I need. I just can't find them for sale anywhere on the net.

      That steamer in the pic is about 5" across. So the tins are no more than 2".

      1. re: Jennalynn
        nemo Nov 2, 2011 08:23 PM

        I read GHG's post to mean bake in a mini-muffin pan, remove, serve or gift in mini paper liners.

        That said, here's a link that describes a 2" foil pan. So, you're right, they're out there.

        Edit: Gooddog beat me to it!

        1. re: nemo
          goodhealthgourmet Nov 3, 2011 06:55 AM

          thanks nemo. i meant to line the muffin cups with liners for ease of removal. and if it's a shallow pie that doesn't quite fill the cup all the way to the top, you can just grab the edges of the paper & pull it out. then peel off for serving, or in the case of the nice foil ones, trim the excess so you're left with what looks like a pie tin around it. i do it all the time with mini tarts/pies and cheesecakes, but i guess it won't work for the OP's needs.

    2. g
      gooddog Nov 1, 2011 03:44 PM

      How about these?


      4 Replies
      1. re: gooddog
        Jennalynn Nov 3, 2011 11:57 AM

        I missed this somehow!

        But these are PERFECT.

        I love Chowhound. Thanks Gooddog!

        1. re: gooddog
          ahack Nov 3, 2011 01:06 PM

          I have ordered from KitchenDance before and recommend them.

          1. re: ahack
            falconress Nov 3, 2011 06:07 PM

            Oh, that's a nice site. They'll be getting some business from me too :)

            OP, the pic at that site reminded me that Michael's, the chain of crafts stores, has a baking materials aisle. I once bought teeny muffin cups from them, about an inch across, meant for chocolate truffles and suchlike. It made for a very pretty mishlo'ach manot on Purim. Can't remember if they were foil or paper, or what other sizes they had, but it’s worth a shot if there’s a branch near you.

            Just checked their site, here is a link to that department:


            ETA: OP, maybe Williams Sonoma or the King Arthur's catalog will have them, or - in general - the size you need might be available at places that sell supplies for making candy and confectionery,

            1. re: falconress
              Jennalynn Nov 4, 2011 03:26 PM

              I've got those tiiiiiny paper muffin cups. They're great. I host an annual Holiday Dessert open house. I've found that if you make everything in a big size, people take one piece of cake and stop. If you make everything miniature, they graze and graze. It's more fun.

              Dessert Dim Sum. ; )

              While the tins on Kitchen Dance are close, they're not exact. The dim sum ones are much shallower. Really like a pie tin, but less than 2" across. I think my only hope is to try and buy some from the dim sum restaurant.

        2. f
          ferret Oct 31, 2011 11:12 AM


          This site has 3" tins (outside rim measurement).

          1 Reply
          1. re: ferret
            Jennalynn Nov 1, 2011 03:09 PM

            That is soooooo close... Thanks Ferret.

            But if anyone has a source for even smaller pie tins... 2" or less. That's what I'm needing. I may try to buy some from my dim sum restaurant.

          Show Hidden Posts