Scarborough -- Chinese food @ Finch and Midland
- jennjen18 Oct 20, 2011 03:36 AM
Hi Everybody, so the plaza where NCIX is in Scarborough (on Midland, just north of Finch) is developing along nicely, and there's one Chinese place that I saw was just bursting with people one night. It's on the south side, only a few doors in from the plaza entrance.
1. Anyone know what it's called?
2. Anyone been?
3. It's a certain kind of Chinese cuisine (out of the many that there are in China) .. what is it, and what provinces is it from?
4. WHAT DO I ORDER THAT'S YUMMY, and also indicative of this cuisine?
Could be Szechuan Legend - 3280 Midland? This is a large restaurant on the south side of a plaza a bit north of Finch, close to the parking lot entrance. Haven't been in a couple of years, but the two times I was there it was very good. I think Konner might actually be better, though (although Konner is Hunan, this is Sichuan).
If you search for "Szechuan Legend" on this board you'll come up with some reviews from a few years back.
3280 Midland Ave, Toronto, ON M1V, CA
It's Konner, it's Hunanese cuisine from the Hunan province. The best dish there is Youlou preserved pork with smoked bamboo shoots. Also good is the stinky tofu and various lamb dishes. Also try the rice in the bamboo tube.
There are a few threads here on Konner if you search around.
- The original comment has been removed