Need help figuring out Hakka Indian Restaurants near YYZ
We are planning a late night get-together with family who will only be in Toronto on a layover, arriving around 9pm. We’ve decided on hakka-indian, and sticking by the airport area to make it easier on those on the layover.
Based on a search on Chowhound and google, I know that most of the recommended hakka restos are in Scarborough. But there are a number of Hakka Indian restaurants near the airport, except some of the posts about them are from a few years ago. I’d like to whittle down my list to figure out where we should meet up (there may be up to 16 of us, so likely 2 family-style tables), and will call the restaurant(s) to find out if they can accommodate us for a late dinner.
Has anyone been to any of these restaurants recently? I would appreciate any thoughts on quality of food; cleanliness of the resto; size of space to accommodate a large group and quality of service.
1. Asian Wok N Roll - 2919 Derry Road East – this one sounds promising - their Millcreek location sounds good, but not sure about airport location.
2. China Garden - 7071 Airport Road – appears to have received some bad reviews lately on other sites
3. China Palace – 3530 Derry Road East - references to their Woodbridge/Vaughn location has been positive; not much on the airport location. Their website looks good but I don’t know which location they’re showing. http://www.china-palace.ca/index.html
4. Choptick Cuisine – 2875 Derry Road East – http://www.chopstickcuisine.ca/
5. Lin Garden – 2875 Derry Road East. Does this still exist? Think last post I read was 2008, and I can’t seem to find anything more recent online.
Some of my family have joked for me to just flip a coin; ultimately that’s what I might have to do, short of trying them out all on one night (since I don’t live nearby). Please help!