How did the New Orleans chowhound recommendations fair?
A friend and Kansas-exiled native New Orleanian came in for a short vacation. I decided to try some Chowhound recommendations for our meals.
1. Charlies Seafood- Harahan Perfect stop for a Midwestern, seafood lover back in town--boiled crabs and shrimp perfectly seasoned and excellent fried shrimp. Great recommendation.
2. The Red Slipper- CBD cheap and good with an awesome Bloody Mary. Good recommendation
3. St James Cheese Company- wonderful cheesy food- service needs lots of work- Toss up
4. Restaurant August- Great food and service- Great recommendation
5. Johnny's Poboys- Excellent shrimp poboys- Great recommendation (The Spice and Tea Exchange of New Orleans next door, sells salts, peppers, herbs, and blends- awesome for the NOLA Foodie)
6.Palace Cafe-Horrible Food- returned 3 entrees- never again-Bad recommendation
7.Tommy's Cuisine - Really enjoyed Tommy's Great recommendation
Thanks everyone for their recommendations. You steered up in the right directions
301 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Thank you for the report.
As for The Palace Cafe, I am so sorry. We have NOT dined there recently, and then the last two times, that we did, it was for an event upstairs. Then, all was good, BUT remember, those were events, and much of the family was in "the business" in NOLA, so who knows? Still, sorry to hear.