Guys Visit to Pittsburgh
6 Guys are going on a sporting trip to Pittsburgh, staying close the baseball stadium.
Need some reccomendations for the following:
1) Great breakfast place in the area
2) Good sports bar with good food
3) Great italian selection
4) Barbecue restaurant if available.
5) Better restaurant for single dinner.
All reccomendations are greatly appreciated.
1. Delucas in strip district
2. Bettis grille, mcfaddens, calico jacks are all popular sports bars for game day stuff. I think atrias, which is much smaller ,has the best food over all of them and they do have TVs. The pot roast nachos are soo good.
3. You are close to lidias in the strip, but my favorite Italian restaurant is dish in south side...a 15 min drive. Not Italian, but close and very good is meat and potatoes (www.meatandpotatoespgh.com) which is just over the bridge and a short walk.
4. I love BBQ. There was a place reviewed in north side, but I haven't been? I haven't had any BBQ that rivaled the south or major cities.
5. Meat and potatoes downtown, fatheads is a casual very manly food destination in south side, sixpenn in downtown
2015 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
1. DeLuca's is a great choice for breakfast. No frills, big portions, and the go-to breakfast meat is hot Italian sausage. Is there a more perfect "guy weekend" breakfast?
4. I don't live in Pittsburgh anymore, but I agree on the point that you're not going to find much along the lines of good 'cue in the area. There's a place claiming to be a Memphis style BBQ restaurant on the Northside, so if you're looking for something, that may be a good bet. My advice is if it doesn't smell right when you walk in, just turn back around and find something else to eat.
323 N Jefferson St, Mount Union, PA 17066
I really like the Bettis Grill which is very close to PNC Park, in the DelMonte building. It's kind of an up-scale sports bar with great hi def TV's, reasonable prices and very good bar specials. The food is also very good. If you go, make sure to visit the mens room....
I've never been there, nor anywhere else on the N. Shore, but here's a Groupon for Dominick's Famous Deli: http://www.groupon.com/deals/dominics-famous-deli?c=button&utm_content=all-deals_pittsburgh&date=20110917&division=pittsburgh&p=5&s=body&sid=10976172&utm_campaign=dominics-famous-deli&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&user=0c6493631dba4c4849d58645be535a1cc018add937f8faca24e0a8707424518d
Best Italian? Go over the bridge to Lidia's in the Strip District, or Piccolo Forno in Lawrenceville (closed Sun and Mon).
http://www.piccolo-forno.com/ (VERY LOUD WEBSITE)