Downtown for business for the week
I will be in town for a business trip, staying at the Delta, and am looking for a few good rec's waling distance. Here are the terms:
1) Walking distance = say 10 blocks
2) No reservations: not sure how the work day will go so don't know if I will be able to eat at 6 pr at 10. really not interested in a 30-45 min wait after a long day
3) If they are open late even better as there may be some later night work
4) Can accomidate up to 8 (this is a maybe as the group I am with, may or may not be looking at group dining)
5) Not afraid of anything (from burgers to caviar) and great ethnic is always good
6) I am a west coaster so fear I may be snobby about the seafood or japanese, but if it is truly CHOW reliable I will trust my fellow hounders.
Fellow hounders I am in your hands.
Sorry, could you narrow it down for us? There are Deltas in every major City this board covers.
Assuming, you are staying downtown, at the Delta Bow Valley, you are in the heart of Calgary's chinatown, and within a 10 block radius you have mega choice, from banh mi to charcuterie.
Here's a link to what's available to you - the 1st 10 pages cover most of your area with less than a 10 block walk - all chow recommended places - but times change - worthwhile to peruse, but ask again.
edit: Calgary Court is a Hong Kong style restaurant that has very good reviews. Don't be afraid of Calgary Chinese and Vietnamese. Oddly, I'm not able to recommend, I eat out in Vancouver more than I do in Calgary. Nonetheless, the Calgary hounds can be trusted for recommendations - they are good!!
Calgary Court Restaurant
119 2 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0B2, CA
CHARCUT Roast House
101 9 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2G 1B8, CA
Quite a few people I've spoken to lately are really enjoying Parker House.
I'd highly suggest you consider Blink as well.....a personal favourite of mine:
Mango Shiva for innovative indian cuisine and a really cool atmosphere:
These are on the higher end of the scale but I highly doubt you'd be disappointed by any of these options.
EDIT: Just noticed your comment about no reservations.....these might not be the best for that but if you're dining late in the evening during the week you shouldn't have much trouble getting a table