Kuala Lumpur - Great Seafood Spot with great prices!
My friends & office colleagues sang praises of this seafood restaurant, located in a rather obscure part of Petaling Jaya which I would NEVER, ever find on my own. Anyway, there were 16 of us for dinner last night, and we ordered:
- Chilli crabs. A bit too sweet, but the tomatoey sauce went perfectly with the deep-fried mantou buns;
- Crabs cooked with salted duck's egg yolk - dee-licious!!
- Steamed giant red snapper, Cantonese-style. Very good soysauce used here - the fish was live from the tank & absolutely perfectly cooked;
- Local shellfish ("ka-pan"?) fried in a spicy chilli-brown soybean paste sauce. It's yummy.
- Pork slivers and salted fish in claypot;
- A huge bowl of delicious stewed egg noodles with slivered chicken, mushrooms, sprouts & vegetables.
- Claypot tofu with vegetables;
plus other dishes like sweet-sour pork, simmered spinach with thousand-year-old eggs, etc.
The bill? An incredible RM530 or USD170 - that worked out to only USD10 per head!!!
Pantai Seafood Restaurant is air-conditioned, and looked like the seafood restaurants of old in Singapore: the likes of Long Beach, Palm Beach, No Signboard, etc., before they upgraded their restaurants & raised prices to incredible levels. It's so great to find a seafood spot which not only served good food in generous portions, but priced their food so reasonably!!
Pantai Seafood Village
Kampung Sungai Kayu Ara
47400 Petaling Jaya