Pumpkin recipes (canned or fesh)
I turn to CH to help with my one and only pregnancy craving- Pumpkin. I'm up for any type of recipe, savory, sweet you name it. So far I've made a very nice black bean- pumpkin soup with jalepenos, iced-spiced pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cranberry muffins and a disgusting pumpkin milkshake. I try to eat fairly healthy, but can do a unhealthy recipe in moderation too. Appreciate in advance your favorite pumpkin recipe :)
Here's a link to a thread about a pumpkin pie recipe I make frequently. It uses coconut milk instead of evaporated or condensed milk.
I also tried this pumpkin cake recipe recently and really liked it. It's super-easy.
Please share any great pumpkin recipes you've found! I too am a big fan.
My favorite time of year, pumpkin season! This custard recipe is foolproof, super quick and oh so satisfying! Enjoy!
On the fresh side, hollowing out a small pumpkin and filling it with a pumpkin-carrot curry soup alongside some warm oatmeal whole wheat bread is delicious too.
I *love* pumpkin and this is one of my favorite pumpkin recipes:
Bowtie Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce
Serving Size: 6
• 6 shallots , peeled and chopped
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1/4 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• fresh basil, for garnish
• pine nuts, for garnish
• 1 pound bowtie pasta
1. In a large saucepan, cook the shallots and garlic in the butter until soft. Add the stock and simmer. Stir in the pumpkin, cream, and grated Parmesan. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the nutmeg, mustard, pepper, and salt. Continue to cook over low heat for about 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta.
3. Toss pasta with sauce and garnish with pine nuts and a chiffonade of basil to serve.
Quick and easy pumpkin muffins --
1 (15 oz) Can Pumpkin
1 Box spice cake mix
1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl; I generally add water last. The mixture will be somewhat lumpy. Spoon mixture into muffin tin, filling each cup about 1/3 to 1/2 way. Bake for 20 - 22 mins.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
This has me intrigued, from a poster here:
Find big bowl.
Use said spoon to scoop out large copious amounts of pumpkin into big bowl.
Open peanut bar jar.
Take spoon (preferrably if it *is* the same one).
Use said spoon to scoop peanut butter into same bowl with pumpkin
Cover bowl with paper towel.
Put bowl in microwave for 15 seconds on medium heat setting
Mix pumpkin and peanut butter with spoon (preferrably if it *is* the same one)
Commence eating -- with or without spoon.
Repeat from the top if necessary.
Permalink | Report | Reply
By ipsedixit on Feb 14, 2011 04:01PM