Company Holiday Party
Tis the season to start planning a company holiday party! I know it seems earlier, but we are almost into September and we feel like we need to get this booked sooner rather than later. We're looking for a space that will hold about 100 people for a holiday dinner party. We've gone to Buca in years past <yawn> and want something different this year. Obviously with 100 people, we've got a lot of different needs to satisfy, so here are some requirements:
1) We have gluten-free folks, vegetarians, carnivores, etc., who we need to accomodate.
2) Preferred location would be St. Paul or SE burbs, but Minneapolis might work too.
3) Price point for food, I'm guessing $30-$40 per person.
4) Beer/wine should be available
5) Buffet or plated meal. Family style works, but isn't ideal given past experiences at Buca.
6) Best location would be somewhere we could have our own room or maybe take over an entire restaurant (price might be an issue with that, however).
7) Fun/different atmosphere would be good (i.e. not a hotel ballroom).
8) Decent parking would be good (100 people arriving separately + December = lots of parking space needed)
Thanks in advance!
I'd hit up I Nonni. They are always holding events, and have a lot of space.
I think Ngon has a whole upstairs it can devote to a private party.
Any of the Morrissey Hospitality venues (Pazzaluna, St. Paul Grill etc...) should be able to help.
If you get in a pinch, but want an upgrade from Buca, Mancinis and Axels/Bonfire pretty much do this for a living.
981 sibley memorial hwy, Lilydale, MN 55118
The new Heartland in downtown St. Paul might be able to do this. Price point is about right, they have full bar, and it's way bigger than it was. There is tons of parking within a block. I'm a vegetarian and they always have veg options and I know they can work around any constraint given time / details.
Obvoiously, needing space for 100 will limit your options, but it sounds like you've got a good budget.
The Lexington has a beautiful back room with a bar.
W.A. Frost could probably handle a group of that size and could provide valet parking.
I'm suite those places would be happy to work with your menu requirements.