Coupons and Deals
- The Chowhound Team Aug 29, 2011 06:41 AM
This thread is the place to mention local restaurant deals and coupons from sites like Groupon, Living Social, etc. Periodically, we'll delete the expired deals, in order to clean out the old deals and make it easier to find new deals. You can help keep this thread current by using the "Report" link on an expired deal.
A couple of guidelines to keep in mind:
- You may not post deals with a referral link so that you get bonuses or payments for referring people. We know that sometimes that happens by accident, since it's not always clear that you're getting a referral link. We suggest logging out of the deal site and visiting the deal page to get a clean link. Normally, we make it a policy not to edit the content of user's posts without permission, however, in the case of deal threads, by posting, you're giving us permission to edit your link if it contains referral information. We will not edit any other text.
- Our usual insider rules apply ( http://www.chowhound.com/topics/36760... ), so if you're associated with either the deal site or the restaurant, you may not post.
- Please don't post every deal indiscriminately. This is Chowhound, not Cheaphound -- pick deals that you think your fellow hounds will be genuinely interested in, because they're from restaurants worth visiting. And feel free to comment on your experiences with the restaurant or recommend dishes -- more chow tips will make the threads more helpful. And others should feel free to reply and discuss. If we end up with a good sub-thread with more than a few posts going about a specific restaurant, please just use 'report' to flag it, and the mods can split it out to its own thread.
- Restaurants and food-specific businesses only, please, no deals for gyms, spas, etc.
Unfortunately, we can't merge threads, so if people post deals outside of the deal threads, we can't move them to the thread. Please use 'report' to flag them for us, and we'll touch base with the poster to have it reposted.
If you have any questions or comments about these threads, please jump over to the Site Talk thread: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/7941...
Interesting update to restaurant.com policies. It used to be, that if a restaurant pulled out, or went out of business, they would exchange your certificate for another restaurant certificate, like, if you paid $10. for a $25 dining deal, they would give you another shot at the same deal. Now, they just issue you the $10. as a credit to use at one of the restaurants...Just an FYI that I hadn't seen mentioned...
Haven't seen any posts on this thread lately but today Groupon has two Greater Boston CH favorites- Antico Forno $5 off a pizza and
Bob's Italian Foods in Medford - pay $35 for $50 worth of food.