Enoteca Sociale? George? Other suggestions for business dinner?
My boss is looking to book a dinner for 6 people and she is looking for somewhere "funky and fresh and good" - somewhere as close to Bay and Bloor as possible, but that is more "up and coming" and yet still "fancy" (i.e. not Guu-ish). Somewhere that will impress but not be a Scaramouche/Pangaea/Buca old standby.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
1288 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M6J, CA
Origin would be a good pick for ambience
or how about La Societe it has a good vibe through the food is average but its very close to bay and bloor and is open on Monday
Marben though a lil far off would also be a great choice open on Monday
splendido is fantastic though its not particularly hip
nota bene maybe in the old standby category!
488 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1E5, CA
While IMO funky/fresh/good stays away from Bay/Bloor as much as possible, you have a few options:
- Origin (likely your best bet, but losing its fresh funk daily)
- Frank's Kitchen (funky, very good, but tough to get reso for 6)
- Harbord Room (not up and coming, but decent, though has recent mixed reviews from CHers)
- Boehmer (on Ossington, perhaps too far, but you did mention Enoteca Sociale)
- Drake Hotel has a pop-up restaurant that's heavy on comfort food but decently executed (their fried chicken is the best I've had)