Enoteca Sociale? George? Other suggestions for business dinner?
My boss is looking to book a dinner for 6 people and she is looking for somewhere "funky and fresh and good" - somewhere as close to Bay and Bloor as possible, but that is more "up and coming" and yet still "fancy" (i.e. not Guu-ish). Somewhere that will impress but not be a Scaramouche/Pangaea/Buca old standby.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
1288 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M6J, CA
While IMO funky/fresh/good stays away from Bay/Bloor as much as possible, you have a few options:
- Origin (likely your best bet, but losing its fresh funk daily)
- Frank's Kitchen (funky, very good, but tough to get reso for 6)
- Harbord Room (not up and coming, but decent, though has recent mixed reviews from CHers)
- Boehmer (on Ossington, perhaps too far, but you did mention Enoteca Sociale)
- Drake Hotel has a pop-up restaurant that's heavy on comfort food but decently executed (their fried chicken is the best I've had)
Origin would be a good pick for ambience
or how about La Societe it has a good vibe through the food is average but its very close to bay and bloor and is open on Monday
Marben though a lil far off would also be a great choice open on Monday
splendido is fantastic though its not particularly hip
nota bene maybe in the old standby category!
488 Wellington Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 1E5, CA