The days are getting shorter; nights are getting cooler - time to think about cooler weather cooking again, and I'm looking for new inspiration.
What's the dish you look forward to cooking when fall comes around each year?
1. Fall harvest bread
2. French onion soup with huge baguette slices and mounds of cheese
3. Big pot of caramelized onions for use on hamburgers or mixing into braised Brussels with rendered crisped bacon
4. My version of minestrone
5. Split pea soup simmering away with a hock of ham
6. Roasted whole chicken with hot steamy creamy cheesy potatoes and thick buttery chunks of fresh warm sourdough
7. Italian gravy from the basics becoming better with each moment it remains on a gentle heat
8. My favorite chili from my moms treasured 1841 cookbook that's all but thread-bare
9. Name any stuffing with hearty gravy
10. Our kids favorite meal 'period' Nanna's Thanksgiving
venison,duck,goose and smoked duck
all the traditional rib stickers -daubes,legumes,winter squash