[DTW] Southwest Detroit Chicken Taste-off SEPT 10
- jjspw Aug 9, 2011 05:19 PM
There will be a Detroit CHOW meetup on Saturday, SEPTEMBER 10, 2011, for a taste-off between the outdoor chicken grills in Southwest Detroit (a.k.a. Mexicantown).
We'll meet at 3:00 p.m. at El Papa de los Pollitos (4047 W Vernor).
We'll try El Papa de Pollitos first, then carpool to the other spots. El Papa has a fairly sizeable parking lot (not just street parking), so it should be a fairly good/safe place to keep our cars.
On the docket:
1) El Papa (outdoor chicken grill with nicely-seasoned chicken)
... then work our way down Vernor to
2) Pollo Chapin (fried chicken, Guatemalan tamales and salads)
3) Taqueria El Rey (outdoor chicken grill, not as much flavor as El Papa)
4) Los Gallos (outdoor chicken grill, very similar to El Rey)
... then we can end up somewhere for drinks
For more information and updated discussion, please refer to the Detroit Chow group:
Taqueria El Rey
4730 W Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI 48209