Two days in Manhattan...
I'm heading to NY for two quick days and am hoping for suggestions for best eats for lunches, a casual dinner near the Bowery Electric, and one mind blowing dinner for the second night...Nothing has to be fancy or expensive, but I'm also not concerned about the cost. Ideas???
327 Bowery, New York, NY 10003
Your questions are pretty broad, especially for a city with thousands of restaurants. It'll help us make recommendations if you can give more details.
1. When is your trip? This will influence availability of reservations for restaurants that take them.
2. What days of the week are you here? Some places have great weekday lunch deals but don't offer them on the weekends.
3. In terms of cost, can you give a ballpark of what you'd like to spend, max? $50pp, before tax, tip, drinks/wine/beer, for your casual dinner/lunches? More? Less?
What about your mind-blowing dinner? $100pp? $150pp? More? Less?
4. Are you traveling alone or with someone else? If alone, do you prefer sitting at the bar or at a table? Do you mind waiting for a table? If so, how long do you think you could stand to wait? Some of the most popular no-reservations restaurants have long waits, especially on weekend nights.
5. Anything cuisine type you're looking for specifically? Neighborhoods you plan to be in? There are many excellent restaurants within walking distance of Bowery Electric (on Bowery and 2nd).
6. Where are you traveling from, and have you been to NYC before? If so, where have you dined before that you enjoyed or didn't enjoy? For example, I wouldn't want to recommend BBQ and fried chicken to someone from the South, or lobster rolls to someone from Maine or CT.
I'm meeting my husband Nov 16-18 (Wed - Friday morning)...coming in from LA. We have an event at the Bowery Electric on the 16th, so looking for a casual dinner spot nearby - any type of cuisine is fine by us. We've both spent a lot of time in NY but haven't been in several years so keen to try new places...I think we max out at the $125 mark pp for dinners...(including vino)...