Breakfast/brunch and bar spots near Grant Park during Lollapalooza help
There are a couple new places in the area that should all be open by the time Lollapalozza starts.
1. The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen - Was scheduled to open in June and looks like they are are ready so hopefully they will open any day now. Should be a fun bar with above average bar food and a DJ at night.
2. Waffles - Was also supposed to open in June, but as far as I know isn't open yet. I can't wait for this place to open. A couple of the people involved are/were from Japonais and the Bristol. Should be a good breakfast place.
3. Tribute - Just opened this past Thursday. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I have high hopes for this place. It is in the Essex Inn right across the street from Grant Park and will hopefully be good for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and/or drinks.
All of the following are within a short walk of Grant/Millennium Park.
1. Bongo Room has creative pancakes at Roosevelt and Wabash. http://chicago.menupages.com/restaurants/text/bongo%20room
2. Heaven on Seven's Wabash location has cajun/creole food on the seventh floor of an office high-rise. www.heavenonseven.com
3. Atwood Cafe for upscale fare. www.atwoodcafe.com
4. South Water Kitchen too. www.southwaterkitchen.com
5. Fox & Obel is slightly further (across the river) and has great baked goods as well as good breakfast in the cafe. www.fox-obel.com
Late night eats and interesting bars:
6. Pizano's on Madison has authentic, delicious Chicago deep-dish pizza. www.pizanoschicago.com
7. and 8. Miller's Pub www.millerspub.com and the Exchequer www.exchequerpub.com both have pub fare served late.
9. The Gage is a gastropub with good food etc. www.thegagechicago.com
All of these are open late; check their websites for hours.