Coupons and Deals
- The Chowhound Team Jul 6, 2011 02:13 PM
Some people like posts about restaurant deals, and other people loathe them. We're trying a new approach that will hopefully help people on both sides by making deal posts easier to find and easier to ignore.
This thread is now the place to mention local restaurant deals and coupons from sites like Groupon, Living Social, etc. We'll sticky it temporarily until people who post deals are aware it's there, and then allow it to float freely.
A couple of guidelines to keep in mind:
- You may not post deals with a referral link so that you get bonuses or payments for referring people. We know that sometimes that happens by accident, since it's not always clear that you're getting a referral link. We suggest logging out of the deal site and visiting the deal page to get a clean link. Normally, we make it a policy not to edit the content of user's posts without permission, however, in the case of deal threads, by posting, you're giving us permission to edit your link if it contains referral information. We will not edit any other text.
- Our usual insider rules apply ( http://www.chowhound.com/topics/36760... ), so if you're associated with either the deal site or the restaurant, you may not post.
- Please don't post every deal indiscriminately. This is Chowhound, not Cheaphound -- pick deals that you think your fellow hounds will be genuinely interested in, because they're from restaurants worth visiting. And feel free to comment on your experiences with the restaurant or recommend dishes -- more chow tips will make the threads more helpful. And others should feel free to reply and discuss. If we end up with a good sub-thread with more than a few posts going about a specific restaurant, please just use 'report' to flag it, and the mods can split it out to its own thread.
- Restaurants and food-specific businesses only, please, no deals for gyms, spas, etc.
Unfortunately, we can't merge threads, so if people post deals outside of the deal threads, we can't move them to the thread. Please use 'report' to flag them for us, and we'll touch base with the poster to have it reposted.
If you have any questions or comments about these new threads, please jump over to the Site Talk thread: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/7941...