Montreal Restaurant Recommendations
My wife and I will be traveling to downtown Montreal on June 30th for 2 days, and are looking for some restaurant recommendations. Any suggestions?
You came to the right place. And I'd strongly suggest poking around - there are thousands of restaurant recommendations here.
AnnArborDave, feel free to check out some of the places I've enjoyed recently in the thread I've linked below, as well as the helpful comments other posters on this Board provided, which helped me narrow down my options:
In a nutshell, the restaurants I'd recommend to grown-up friends visiting Montreal would be:
1. Milos for the best Greek seafood and Greek salad in Eastern Canada
2. Europea for a flashy, interesting and innovative, contemporary splurge downtown
3. Laloux for an innovative contemporary take on bistro with fresh market ingredients
4. L'Express on St. Denis for traditional, Parisian-style bistro lunch, with seasonal dishes often available, including the best asparagus (Quebec-grown) I've tasted outside Germany
5. Lemeac for sophisticated contemporary bistro on Laurier Ouest
6. La Porte for contemporary Breton food and amazing Kouign Amann
7. Le Montee de Lait for innovative, contemporary food made with fresh market ingredients.
While none of the restaurants are what I'd describe as hip, Laloux, Le Montee du Lait and Lemeac are somewhat more stylish/contemporary interior-wise than the others.
La Porte Restaurant
3627 Boul Saint-Laurent, Montreal, QC H2X2V5, CA
3927 Rue Saint-Denis, Montreal, QC H2W2M4, CA
250 Av Des Pins E, Montreal, QC H2W1P3, CA
1227, rue de la Montagne, Montreal, QC H3G1Z2, CA
Estiatorio Milos- Montreal
5357 Park Ave, Montreal, QC H2V 4G9, CA
Restaurant La Montee De Lait
5171 Saint-Laurent, Montreal, QC H2T1M1, CA