HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >

What kind of pan is this

LEsherick2008 Jun 6, 2011 06:31 PM

I bought this pan last week at a Salvation Army store and thought it looked so much like a pop over pan except it has rounded bottoms. I want to try and make popovers. But could this be more like a pancake puff or Aebleskiver Pan that would be baked instead of cooked on a stove top. I just want to figure out what this is and I can start using it.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. r
    Rella RE: LEsherick2008 Jun 6, 2011 07:32 PM

    I have no idea, but I would guess for coddled eggs?

    1. WCchopper RE: LEsherick2008 Jun 6, 2011 07:37 PM

      I think it might be an aEbleskiver pan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æbleskiver
      Sort of a cross between a pancake, waffle, and popover.

      2 Replies
      1. re: WCchopper
        mmmmmmmmmgood RE: WCchopper Jun 6, 2011 08:06 PM

        Ebleskiver are usually cooked on the stovetop, not baked. It doesn't look like any kind of ebleskiver pan I've ever used -- not helpful to figure out what it is. Sorry...

        1. re: mmmmmmmmmgood
          WCchopper RE: mmmmmmmmmgood Jun 6, 2011 11:37 PM

          This tin is called a mince pie tin and has the same shape a looks to be a similar size:

      2. j
        juli5122 RE: LEsherick2008 Jun 6, 2011 08:24 PM

        I just saw one somewhere, but could not find it. I think it makes sphere cakes, bake and put two together with frosting. Like for baseballs etc.

        1. pdxgastro RE: LEsherick2008 Jun 7, 2011 02:26 AM

          Curious. How much did it cost?

          2 Replies
          1. re: pdxgastro
            LEsherick2008 RE: pdxgastro Jun 7, 2011 11:32 PM

            it was $2.99

            1. re: LEsherick2008
              pdxgastro RE: LEsherick2008 Jun 10, 2011 10:09 PM

              Great deal :-)

          Show Hidden Posts