Looking for recipe for Pakistani-Punjabi Grilled Lamb Chops like Tayyabs
Hi everyone, there's a Pakistani-Punjabi restaurant in London called Tayyabs and they are known for their amazing lamb chops, I've been loads of times and want to try to make them. So far the closest recipe i've found is this but it's not quite as good: If anyone has any ideas or knows the actual recipe that would be great or if there's a better place I could post this topic. Thanks in advance.
- 1 kg Lamb chops
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
-1 tbsp. Lime Juice
-1 tbsp. tomato paste
-1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
-1 1/2 tsp ginger and garlic, minced
-1 tsp. ground turmeric
-1 tsp red chilli powder
-1 tsp Salt
-1 tsp black pepper
1. Wash and pat dry the chops.
2. Place the chops in a bowl. Pour lemon juice over, rub it well. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients together and pour it over the chops and coat the chops liberally with this marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 5-6 hours.
4. Prepare the grill - it is NOT ready until ALL the coals have a THICK coating of grey ash.
5. Remove the chops from the marinade.
6. Grill 4″ to 6″ from the coals, turning occasionally, until all the pieces are cooked through.