recommendations for 10th anniversary dinner
We'll be in Manhattan for our anniversary. Ironically I grew up on the UWS but have been living on the other coast for 20 years. As such I have really no notion of where to go these days (and what might still be around).
So - looking for a place that doesn't have to be uber expensive or stuffy, but is a special experience. I do recall a place in the Village that I went to - probably 25 years ago? - that was in an older historic building that felt like you were dining in colonial times? VERY lovely - but I surely cannot recall the name.
Any and all recommendations are welcome.
You're probably thinking of One if By Land, Two if By Sea.
In terms of your anniversary, it'll be easier to make a recommendation if you can tell us
- how much you want to spend per person, before tax, tip, and drinks/wine -- $100 per person? More? Less?
- when your anniversary is, as the types of restaurants you'll most likely be interested in book 3-4 weeks in advance
- any preferred cuisines (American, Italian, French, other?) or foods that you guys love as well as foods to avoid/allergies
One If By Land, Two If By Sea
17 Barrow St., New York, NY 10014
these do not have the atmosphere of OIBLTIBS, but for truely special food and service, try one of these:
- Marea (Italian, seafood oriented)
- Croton (Creative French-American)
- Esca (Italian seafood oriented)
402 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036
239 West Broadway, New York, NY 10013
240 Central Park South, New York, NY 10019