So much potential but such a fail
As others have said "I really wanted to love this place" but I guess it wasn't meant to be. So here is my review; My parents were in town and we were wanting to go to Phnom Penh for their infamous squid and wings but, the line was 40-50 minutes and we were on a bit of a time line so we opted to go to the London Pub. I am going to make a list of what was bad about it to make this easy.
My London Pub review list:
1. Server looked and acted like she hated her life and her job wouldn't even make eye contact with any of us.
2. Server "forgot" to tell us what they were out of and that their deep fryer was broken as we were about to order. Which made a few people change their choices
3. The food took forever! 43 minutes to be exact! we could of had our squid and wings!
4. The food was bad, we saw my pizza come out to the wrong table about 30 minutes before everyone esle got theirs so it sat under the heat lamp for a very long time "chewy". My siblings had the beef dip and the salmon saladin. The beef dip "au jus" was spilt by either the server or the cook into the side salad making it a beefy salad. My brothers salmon was the same salad as the beef deep but with stale pecans and a piece of steamed salmon with Kraft bbq drizzled on the top. My gf ordered the edamame and it was covered in way too much rock salt. Oh and I almost forgot the salads were made with the bitter yellow parts of the hearts of romaine lettuce
5. It was 2 in the afternoon and we were the only ones ordering food I have no idea how it took so long and why it was so bad
It was honestly the worst meal I have ever had, I was hoping the drink selection was going to be good but sadly nope. With a limited tap range and "Fullers" everything which is a giant macro from england it makes this place a fail. Save your time and money and when in the area wait the 40 min for Squid and Wings or head over to gas town to the Alibi room or even Steamworks.
Very interesting! I did not know that. I noticed that Donnelly Group places are starting to feature craft beer...I guess they see the market for it now and how it's getting all popular. The cynic in me says they're just trying to cash in on the latest trend without looking at the bigger picture (ie. how to run a place that hits all the right notes: food, booze, service).
Hey I was at the Spring Fest too! It's about time some attention was placed on low ABV beers around here. I loved Tariq's bitter - very glad to see it won People's choice.
We'd had a big breakfast before hand so just nibbled on some perfectly fine yam fries (served fast, were hot and crispy and hit the spot). Not sure I'd go there for a meal (not when Campagnolo's just down the road).
I'd definitely go for the Friday cask nights.
1020 Main St, Vancouver, BC V6A, CA