International Buffet on Bustleton degrades
Just a note - the grill area at the International Buffet on Bustleton at the Home Depot shopping center has fallen apart.
Spareribs are now completely devoid of sauce. The possibly new management lost that cook, and states he took the recipe with him. This of course is nuts, because it was a standard Chinese rib sauce, but with the amazing added plus of their bbq grill. Now, it's pretty bad. The other food was both cold and overcooked; squid impossible to chew.
The hot tables were never the reason I went there, but I did see tons of people enjoying themselves. Well, gorging themselves. I no longer saw anyone who appeared to be a Philadelphia native, which I only mention because it could affect their judgment of food not readily available in their home locales. Our take on those tables was:
1. The desserts have decreased in choice by like 75% and were repositioned to replace the various odd salads on the other half of the sushi table.So the back dessert table is empty.
2. The sushi still has mayonnaise sauces all over it. The one remaining good one, (imho) with mango on it has disappeared because they no longer serve mango.
3. The beef ribs disappeared long ago.
4. The esoteric dishes like quail have disappeared.
5. There was a pork chop which looked a little like a rib, but was sortof coated, and it has disappeared.
6. Prices went up, but now include any soft drink etc. If you only want hot tea or water, always included, then prices just went up.
We tried the place 3 times this way before we caught on, thinking it was weekday blues, but after the manager's interesting explanation of things, gave up.