help with pita sandwich fillings
i need some help.
i've been making pita sandwiches for lunch and am running out of ideas for fillings. here's my list of go-to sandwich fillings:
- roast turkey/roast beef (from the organic butcher)
- smear of boursin/tzatziki
- english cucumbers
- baby spinach
- sliced olives
- sliced red peppers
i'm not a huge bread fan (i know, i know) so i'd like some ideas for fillings that will work with whole wheat pitas...the thin kind. i like to make sandwiches the night before so i'm also looking for ideas that will keep overnight.
thanks so much for your help!
Possibilities are endless!
- Tuna salad, salmon salad, chicken salad, egg salad
- Roasted veggies (peppers, onions, eggplant, squash, tomatoes)
- Cream cheese instead of mayo/sliced cheese
- Hummus with roasted red peppers
- Baba ghanoush (eggplant spread)
- marinated, grilled, and sliced chicken breast with feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes and kalamata olives
- add bacon to almost anything