A memorable Michelin 2* Chinese 'tasting menu' dinner at Ming Court
Of all the Chinese meals I had eaten during my four weeks stay in Hong Kong this past month, I would rate the ' tasting menu' at Ming Court with my buddy friend of over 35 years, one of the best and most memorable.
The menu is as follows:
1) Ming Court three little plates
- Tofu mille feuille with black truffle paste and gold leaf
- Drunkened wild sea prawn with marinated jelly fish tip
- Roasted suckling piglet ( Best I had in HK this time! Trumped FLM, STL & Xin Dan Ji)
2) Double boiled soup of Conpoy, 'worm grass' flower and black silken chicken.
3) Braised concoction of Abalone, goose web, Chinese mushroom and pomelo skin. ( the sauce was soooo good! )
4) Sauteed ' Eastern star' Garouper fillet with shrimp roe paired with a medley of wild mushrooms. ( definitely the star of the evening! Exquisite, wonderful tasting dish! )
5) Dried conpoy, diced Gailan and egg white fried rice.
6) Double boiled ' Chuen Bui' herb and whole Tienjin pear dessert
7) Assorted fruit platter
Great food, Greatb service and great decor. At around HK$700 a person, a great deal and pretty 'healthy' too!
Charles, #3 on your menu is irresistible to me - featuring two of my fave braised items: goose feet & pomelo skin!!
Dang, I wished CH would enable the address/placemark links for the China & Southeast Asia board again soon. Address of Ming Court here:
Langham Place Hotel
555 Shanghai Street
Mongkok, Hong Kong.
Tel: +852 3552 3300
re: Charles Yu
Oh my, anything that's better than Fu Sing's must be an absolute revelation! BTW, Charles, you haven't posted about your two Chowmeets in HK on this board yet!
Am very sorry to have to miss your HK Chowmeet yet again. But I'd been having some fun Chowmeets in London, too, with UK hounds like Limster, deansa, r.vacapinta, etc - extremely discerning foodies & fun dining companions. Can someone organize a World Chowhounds' Convention sometime?!
World chowhound convention! Damn good idea!!
Tokyo would be my first choice until a few ago. Right now I would favour the Napa/Sonama area. Great food and great wine all within easy reach. We can visit ex-chowhounder Shereats at the 3* Meadowood and then do some comparison eating with the measuring yard-stick, French Laundry! There are also tons of 1 & 2 *s in the vicinty these days.
Don't mind Spain, around San Sebastian, either?!