HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >


reverse breading for pan frying

  • 4

I've seen some demos and food in restaurants where they dip the food (fish, chicken ......) in flour first then an egg mixture. They do not dip again in a dry ingredient. Instead they then pan fry the food. What is this method called? Thanks for replies.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
      1. re: sccrash

        usually done with chicken or veal cutlets, results in a kind of soft eggy coating, not crunchy/firm like you get with breadcrumbs. cutlets need to be thin so they cook quickly. often sauced with lemon juice or a lemon butter sauce, capers are also common in these preparations.

    1. In Spain, this is referred to as "a la Romana."