Seafood Restaurant And Good Bar Around Westin Copley Place?
I'll be in town with my wife and a couple of family members for the Boston marathon. We're staying at the Westin Copley Place and were specifically looking for 2 types of restaurants that would be within walking distance, a mile or so:
1. A good seafood place (preferably something that's not a tourist trap).
2. A bar with good food. Someplace that has great burgers and sandwiches, and preferably a decent beer list.
1. Island Creek Oyster Bar (Kenmore) is 1.1m away and B&G Oyster (South End) is 0.6
- If you are not opposed to taking the T (Subway) you could also hit Neptune Oyster in the North End.
2. The Gallows (South End) and The Rattlesnake/Poe's Kitchen (Back Bay)
- Once again if you are okay with the T or Cab, that opens up great places like Lord Hobo and Deep Ellum
There are three subpar seafood restaurants within feet of your hotel room. I would recommend against all three: Turner Fisheries (in your hotel); Legal Seafood (in the mall your hotel is connected to) and Skipjacks, just a stones throw away.
I agree with both Island Creek Oyset and B and G. Solid choices. Or take the T to Lineage.
Atlantic FIsh on Boylston a few blocks from your hotel is an alternative, as is Summer Shack which is also close. Both have their supporters and detractors here, but I've eaten in Copley Sq. for 25+ years and prefer them to the three first ones I listed.
Regarding bars, do you want a place that's primarily a bar? Or a restaurant with good bar food?
Turner Fisheries Bar
10 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
re: C. Hamster
Second C. Hamster on seafood places near your hotel. Atlantic Fish is the best choice in the immediate area.
A good bar choice is Coda in the South End. It's about a block from your hotel.
329 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02116
Atlantic Fish Co
761 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
1. Totally agree with Island Creek Oyster Bar in Kenmore Sq and with Neptune Oyster in the North End. Both are places I'd be proud to take visitors who want great local seafood. I'm a little less enthusiastic these days about B&G. Atlantic Fish is a solid 2nd tier, along with Summer Shack near the Hynes which is more informal.
2. If you like beer, Bukowski (also near the Hynes) is a great place for quality pints and good basic bar grub. When I need good beer in the neighborhood, it's my go-to.
63 Salem St Ste 1, Boston, MA 02113