HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Do you create unique foods? Tell us about it

Mystery kitchen (?) tool. Help me identify its use.

CapreseStacy Feb 21, 2011 04:31 PM

Hubster was digging around in the utensil drawers in the kitchen and found this tool. I have no idea what it is, what it does, or how I came by it. It looks like a corer of some sort. Maybe it's not even a kitchen gadget, but a plastic piece of something else or a part/accessory for something I used to own. I put one of my knives next to it for size reference (though I guess I should have just measured the dang thing. It's about 6 1/2" long) and the "pointy part" is sortof threaded, but the ridges aren't spiral like regular threading. Ideas?