Bruno in Wake Forest, NC Anyone been?
Good morning, all. Well, went to Bruno last night for our anniversary, and I'm afraid it was a miss for me. There were some pleasant parts, so please feel free to let me know what I missed if anyone else has been.
* Very high ceilings (exposed), which made it very noisy, even for such small place. They need to ad much more fabric to absorb all the chatter
* We had reservations and still had to wait 10/15 minutes for our table.
* One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is the wait staff not taking the drink order fairly soon after being seated. I am much more happy to sit in a place all freaking night if I have a martini keeping me company. It took a long time for the waitress to come to the table to take drink order. I had to flag her down.
* Slow service. We were there from like 8:15 - 10:00, I think. I think I saw 3 wait staff + a water/bread server. I think the problem was they need to add kitchen staff. The dining room is small, so I think the slowness is coming from the kitchen-side.
* I wasn't particularly tantalized by the menu, but please judge for yourselves: www.brunoraleigh.com/
* Nice bread that was brought (and refilled later
)* I don't generally eat a whole bunch at dinner time, so I just ordered the Oysters Rockerfeller from the appetizer menu and the flavor was fantastic. I mean, cheese, bacon & spinach will make anything delicious, I guess. The oysters were fairly small, but it isn't quite oyster season yet, I suppose.
* BF ordered snapper and he was very pleased with it. It came with some clams on the side, I think. To me, it was a touch overcooked, but not bad
* BF got a side of fettucini with braised meat and he described it as "nice." He is very picky with pasta, so someone else may rave about it.
We got a slice of ricotta cheesecake for dessert and I can't decide if I liked it or not.
We had a bottle of champagne (anniversary), my Oysters Rockerfeller, Snapper entree, and cheesecake was $123
The food was definitely good, but, well.... I probably don't have any desire to go back. I really wanted to like it, but there was just something missing for me.