HOME > Chowhound > France >

French for Almond Baskets?

Fuudie Feb 10, 2011 07:09 AM

I know it's called Pralines here but I'm looking for the real word in french.
I know how to say it but the spelling is way off.

Gataiche? Not sure..
If you have any kind of idea please reply.

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. v
    vielleanglaise RE: Fuudie Feb 10, 2011 07:31 AM

    Tuile Praliné?

    1 Reply
    1. re: vielleanglaise
      vielleanglaise RE: vielleanglaise Feb 10, 2011 07:59 AM

      Or Tuile Amande?

    2. monchique RE: Fuudie Feb 10, 2011 02:13 PM

      Tuiles aux amandes, certainly, or maybe tuiles de nougatine or panier de nougatine, depending on the shape and the recipe.
      You would not be thinking of "ganache" by any chance? This is a type of chocolate used in the confection of Belgian Pralines (which are in fact chocolate bonbons, more like chocolate truffles).

      1 Reply
      1. re: monchique
        PhilD RE: monchique Feb 10, 2011 03:18 PM

        To add to monochique's comments the Ganache is the softish filling in the centre of the chocolates.

      Show Hidden Posts