10 best ingredients in my kitchen
- verodreams Jan 24, 2011 08:11 AM
There is always some products that you use every time you cook in your kitchen. Some gadgets that you cannot live without, some essential things that you absolutely adore.
Here are the best 10 ingredients, products that i use all the time and almost everyday. Without them, i would be nothing in a kitchen.
1. Sea salt. This is the only salt that i use for cooking. Coarse and fine, both
2. Dijon mustard. As a marinade or to do an easy vinaigrette.
3. Herbes de Provence. A french dried mix of herbs that is amazingly fragrant and versatile.
4. Extra virgin olive oil. That is the only oil that i use all the time.
5. Heavy cream. For finishing the soups, the sauces, the pastas, the salads.
6. Cheeses. All kinds. I use the leftover scraps of cheeses in soups, on a pizza. I never throw away cheese.
7. Olives. Because it is always a great appetizer. Not the ones in the can.
8. Parmesan cheese. As a garnish on salads, pastas, soups, as well as in cubes for an easy tapas.
9. Ice cream. It is always an indispensable to make a last minute dessert.
10. Butter. Do i have to say more ...
That would be an interesting discussion to have ; describing your 10 essentials in your kitchen ...
extra virgin olive oil
rice ( brown, white, arborio)
better than boullion chicken
I could add lots more that I consider "staples" when I cook.....
1. sea salt
2. black peppercorns
3. extra virgin olive oil
5. garlic (cloves and scapes)
7. heavy cream
10. fresh herbs from my raised beds
11. so sorry but I must add bacon!!
It's difficult not to add ten more...
1. olive oil
6. canned tomatoes from the garden
8. cheeses always on stock - ricotta, pecorino, caciocavallo