AYCE @ Hill Country on Mondays?
Has anyone been? I forgot to ask the waitstaff yesterday.
As for my take on Hill Country..
During my mispent youth as a salesman, i've been to
- City Market in Luling
- the meat market in Gonzalez (and pretty much most of the bbq off 183)
- Smitty's, Black's, Kreuz in Lockhart
- Southside Market in Elgin
- The Salt Lick in Dripping Springs
- pretty much all of bbq spots in Austin
- most of the bbq spots in Houston (which isn't really a central texas bbq hub, Williams' Smoke House and Thelma's are definitely more of a Southern/East Texas style)
- all the good ones in Dallas
- Rudy's, Dickey's, Bill Miller's, Luther's - and plenty of fast food/chain BBQ chains in Texas
I've been lucky enough to have a lot of really good Central Texas bbq. (i've yet to go to Snow's - but I haven't been in Texas in ~5 years)
Hill Country's brisket is really good. I'd still opt for Rudy's over HC, but i'm not mad at Hill Country's product. And you can't quibble with the Kreuz sausage. (I often wonder how Southside Market style sausage would go over here.)
As for the rest
The music? (really, pumping country music @ a bbq spot? What is this Stubbs?)
The "Katz" style ordering/paying system?
The fact that they have a waitstaff? (what is this, the County Line?)
But how is the All You can Eat on Mondays @ Hill Country?
30 W 26th St, New York, NY 10010