Make me a sandwich...
I am gluten free and recently bought cinnamon raisin bread. I'm happy to eat it toasted with butter, but I'm also interested in incorporating it into a sandwich.
Sweet or savory.
Other, non-sandwich uses welcome.
Thanks in advance!
I like chicken salad with some greens on cinnamon raisin (crazy maybe but I like the sweet/salty thing...kinda like turkey and cranberry sauce), or maybe shredded chicken, some apple and some brie.
+1 for maplesugar's suggestions.
- PB or almond butter & a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. hold the jelly.
- french toast
- grilled cheese - made with cream cheese (yes, cream cheese) and toasted walnuts
- Monte Cristo - try it with pear in place of the apple too: http://www.quickandsimple.com/recipef...
- bread pudding
- smoked turkey, avocado & sprouts. goat cheese optional.
- turkey, apple, lettuce, mayo & walnuts (a turkey Waldorf sandwich!)
Chicken, plain greek yogurt, apple, curry powder, celery... salad sandwich
Cream cheese, pear and optional stilton
Gouda, cream cheese, honey, apple, and batter it up and fry it Monte Cristo style
Turkey avocado and salt
Turkey, sliced cooked potato, thyme sprigs, butter
enjoy the bread-dom!
I think thinly-sliced ham and swiss or gruyere would be great grilled on this; or a curried turkey salad with some currants or green grapes tossed in - or just several good cheeses, grilled.
Thanks to all who replied. I'm happy to see so many sweet and salty ideas. My picky husband is even excited to try some of these ideas.
I, of course, am happy to try many of them. Gouda, Bacon, simple chicken salad, I will have a happy tummy for weeks!