Make me a sandwich...
I am gluten free and recently bought cinnamon raisin bread. I'm happy to eat it toasted with butter, but I'm also interested in incorporating it into a sandwich.
Sweet or savory.
Other, non-sandwich uses welcome.
Thanks in advance!
I like chicken salad with some greens on cinnamon raisin (crazy maybe but I like the sweet/salty thing...kinda like turkey and cranberry sauce), or maybe shredded chicken, some apple and some brie.
+1 for maplesugar's suggestions.
- PB or almond butter & a drizzle of maple syrup or honey. hold the jelly.
- french toast
- grilled cheese - made with cream cheese (yes, cream cheese) and toasted walnuts
- Monte Cristo - try it with pear in place of the apple too: http://www.quickandsimple.com/recipef...
- bread pudding
- smoked turkey, avocado & sprouts. goat cheese optional.
- turkey, apple, lettuce, mayo & walnuts (a turkey Waldorf sandwich!)