HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
Brewing beer, curing meat, or making cheese? Get great advice

Looking for Cuban style coffee maker

capttico Dec 28, 2010 09:13 PM

I am looking for a cuban style coffee maker which we call a colador. This type is medal and is round at the top with 3 wire that come down the side to a tin or aluminum plate where a pot goes to catch the coffee. At the top of the ring is where the manga (cloth filter) goes. You pour the boiling water with the coffee grounds into the manga where the coffee is filtered for a great cup of cuban coffee (expresso). Thanks for your help.
Capt. Tico

  1. scubadoo97 Dec 29, 2010 02:18 PM

    The Colador De Tela is a sock /cloth strainer which is an old traditional way to make Cuban coffee

    Here's a link to buy one.


    1. t
      ThreeGigs Dec 29, 2010 12:15 AM

      For those not in the know, like me:


      Looks like he's talking about a suspended strainer.

      Show Hidden Posts