Silver tip roast
Is a silver tip roast a good cut for a slow
cooker? Any good recipes to share? Also, can you advise
if I decide to cook it in the oven, what would be the cooking time for a 2 lb roast? Thanks.
never cooked it in a slow cooker, only the oven.
my basic recipe-
- cut slits in the top of roast and squeeze in slivers of garlic.
- press 1 foil package of onion soup mix onto top of roast. Once the roast is covered, if you have extra onion soup mix, sprinkle around the roast.
- add 3 peeled, whole cloves of garlic around roast. Slice 2-3 large onions into half moons and arrange around roast
- pour 1 1/2-2 glasses of water (I measure with my regular drinking glasses) on and around roast.
- cook at 400 degrees - covered- for about 2 2 /12 hours. If knife does not go into thick part of roast easily, cook another 20 minutes.
- let roast cool otherwise it will shred.
- best way to slice is with an electric knife before shabbat
- otherwise, slice into thin slices with serrated knife
I usually slice from the thickest part of the roast going towards the flatter part of the roast- it's much easier that way.
Arrange slices of roast in a pyrex. Pour gravy and onions on top. Reheat covered with foil
Believe it or not I actually just created a chowhound account to thank you for this recipe. I used it to wow my mother in law at shabbat dinner the other week (boy was she wowed!! :-) ) and it was so delicious I am using it again for rosh hashana. this has become a staple, thank you thank you!!