CH Challenge: Finding the Perfect Match
My boyfriend has some big shots from his company in town and we get to pick the spot. I really want to help him make a good impression. They are from Spain, but an international bunch. At the same time the food has to be "accessible" and not too different (someone had objections to pho, but another loves Japanese).
- They are staying in the Union Square area, so we want to stay within walking distance, maybe as far up as FiDI and slightly down into SOMA.
- Price range should probably be in the mid-range ($20-25 pp not including drinks).
- Probably about 8-10 in the party
- Good wine / drink list a plus
- I am open to anything, but really want to show them the sort of french or italian influenced / local / seasonal / clean flavors that we do so well. But, anything delicious will do.
I've only lived here for a few months and have limited personal experience so recommendations based on what you've personally experienced or think is so so helpful. Thanks so much!!!
I decided on suggesting
My original post was erased because I didn't realize you couldn't post even attributed quotes.
- 2.5 miles from Union Square
- Open until 1 am
Notes: Marvelous experience here. It is open until 1 am, but you will have to catch a cab.
- 0.5 miles from Union Square
- Open until 10 pm
Notes: Have been here for brunch, but not dinner. Flavors fresh and impeccable. Technique on point. But very very small. Only 20 seats. Call first. (415) 928-8870
- 1.0 miles from Union Square
- Opens until 10 pm
Notes: Have not been here. Have been told that food is good but it is similar to a restaurant experience in SoHo.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article...
817 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109
560 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA 94117
230 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111
I wouldn't go to Canteen with a party larger than four.
If you're expanding your range outside of walking distance from Union Square, there are lots of other choices. Assuming you're mentioning the closing time because the Spaniards like to eat late, maybe Globe (1am) or Bar Crudo (11pm).