Kung Fu friendly Holiday Party?
I need help finding a venue in the Burbank/Toluca Lake/North Hollywood area for my kung fu school's holiday party. We're a very diverse group so the restaurant has to fit these criteria:
1) Big enough for 30-50 people and willing to reserve space or has a private room.
2) Family friendly... we have everything from babies up to folks in their 60s-70s. Not Chuck-E-Cheese but can't roll their eyes at kids running around.
3) Relatively cheap... $10 or under per person. Think pizza parlor budget. Family style or individual portions okay.
4) BYOB would be amazing but isn't necessary.
5) Parking cannot be a huge hassle.
I originally would have liked to have it at Dinos on Burbank Blvd but they are not willing to save their dining room for us even if I guarantee a $ amount. Tony's Bella Vista is a little expensive and formal, and Shakey's was vetoed although something similar would make sense.
I have no other ideas and the party is coming soon (on the night of the 23rd). Please help!
2200 W Valley Blvd, Alhambra, CA 91803
Tony's Bella Vista Restaurant
3116 W Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505
"I need help finding a venue in the Burbank/Toluca Lake/North Hollywood area for my kung fu school's holiday party. We're a very diverse group so the restaurant has to fit these criteria:"
Well, if the food and service stink you can always kick their arses!
Every year the agency I'm with has their Xmas party at Sri Siam Thai Restaurant in N. Hollywood. They let us have the back half of the restaurant and set up a buffet for us: BBQ Thai chicken, Pad Thai, fried rice, fried won tons, etc. Their super reasonable and very friendly. Here's their link: http://www.srisiamcafe1.com/
How about Little Toni's Pizza on Lankershim? They should be able to put you in a private areas and the budget should be about right. Parking is not great though.
4745 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91602