Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >
Dec 14, 2010 04:52 PM

please identify this fish!

I'm trying to find out the English name for this fish. Apologies if this is very obvious--I don't know much about fish, and my parents only know the Chinese name.


  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
    1. re: fourunder

      No, I think it has already Croaked. <<grin>>

    2. looks like a trout to me, but I'm no fishmonger.

      1. What is the Chinese name of the fish?

          1. That's Billy, he swam away from home 2 weeks ago. sob.