- roxlet Dec 11, 2010 11:32 AM
The DH just came home from the Restaurant Depot with A 5lb container of clarified Plugra. Aside from frying and Potatoes Anna, what are the other uses for clarified butter? Can you bake with it? Most of it will be frozen in manageable portions, but I would like to find ways to use it!
it's great for sauteing, not just frying. and you can use it in any baking recipe that doesn't require the butter to be creamed with other ingredients...
- use it to brush phyllo for baklava or any other pastry
- make a genoise
- make madeleines
- make these Mexican wedding cookies: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/dec/...
- use it for dipping steamed or broiled lobster or crab legs
- and of course, cook it longer to deepen the flavor, then get out your Indian cookbooks and go to it!