Looking for family restaurant (specifics)
I am looking for a family friendly place for Saturday night. Here are the specifics:
1. My 11 year old son basically only eats burgers or pizza. I would prefer a burger place since We are probably grabbing pizza on the way into the city Colony grill)
2. Located between the museum of natural history & rockafeller center
3. Needs to serve beer & wine
4. Needs to be table service
5. Would prefer a pub like setting that would be welcoming of/ friendly for kids.
I have been scouring the boards try to find a spot that hits all of these criteria but have not nailed it,
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Matt in ri
Thanks. That seems to fit the bill. The online reviews are pretty mixed. Have you eaten there? It seems like the reviews are indicating pretty high prices for mediocre food. I will use this as my fall back if I don't find anything else. It does seem to fit what I described.
I was hoping for more of a pub style place. I just can't seem to find one that would be good for kids.
I've only been once, but found the food to be fine for what it is. Gutsofsteel isn't wrong in his description, but it does fit the bill for what you're looking for.
If you prefer a pub, look at Kennedy's on 57th between 8th and 9th. It's family friendly, but again the food won't wow you. It's just a place to eat.
- The original comment has been removed
Thank you for all the recs. PJ Clarkes is exactly what I was looking for. I would say that is on the top of my list.
A friend also reccomended Fred's around 82nd, which looks pretty good.
I love the wisdom of groups that Chowhound offers.
5 Trips in a row Chowhound recs have impressed me:
1. DC- A great gastropub with Happy hours specials and the best burger I have ever had.
2. NYC this summer X2 - Waterfront Grill for Lunch and then pre-concert dinner with friends & The Fatty Crab for cheap Happy Hour Eats.
3. Dallas - Neighborhood Services - One of the top 3 Meal experiences I have ever had.
4. Providence- Last weekend reccommending Rick's Roadhouse for pre-URI-PC Basketball brews & BBQ with kids in tow.
1. Does the shack shack near the Museum of Natural History have indoor seating? (It's hard to tell from the website).
2. Am I likely to be able to get seated there for lunch on Saturday. (I was thinking of having lunch there instead of at the cafeteria in the museum).
643 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014
Yes, the Shake Shack on Columbus has seating. There are several tables on the ground floor, and a few downstairs. Saturdays are probably very crowded, but assuming you will be with your wife, have her wait downstairs while you wait for the food. A good chance a table will free up in time.
Agree with PJ Clarke's - also an option, for a more extensive menu and a little more upscale (but not fancy-pants) food is Landmarc in the Time Warner Center.
10 Columbus Circle, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10019