HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >

Help! Chipped my beloved bowl! (From Crate and Barrel set, 2005)

PhillyCook Dec 5, 2010 03:15 PM

I just chipped the largest, blue bowl from my mixing bowl set. It came from Crate and Barrel in 2005. It's a five-piece set, with bowls in these colors, in order of descending size: blue, green, yellow, orange, red. They have a cream colored interior. A photo of the set is attached, although the colors are brighter in person.

I LOVE this set.

I tried searching to see if I could replace the bowl online, but I don't remember what C&B called the set, and I can't find anything.

Do you know what this set is called? Or where I can replace the chipped bowl?

Any assistance will be much appreciated!

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. c
    CookingwithMochi RE: PhillyCook Dec 6, 2010 06:25 AM

    These bowls were called Addison bowls. Crate and Barrel comes out with different colors every Fall and Spring. Unfortunately, these aren't made anymore as they now sell Parker bowls in the Fall and Spring which do not have the smooth sides. I would check on eBay and search for Crate and Barrel bowls, mixing bowls, etc. They sold thousands of these and you should eventually find one. Good luck!

    1 Reply
    1. re: CookingwithMochi
      kaleokahu RE: CookingwithMochi Dec 7, 2010 09:32 PM


    2. z
      ziggylu RE: PhillyCook Dec 6, 2010 06:28 AM


      1. f
        ferret RE: PhillyCook Aug 3, 2011 06:20 AM

        This is of no help to you but I have the same set from Costco in melamine.

        1. John E. RE: PhillyCook Aug 3, 2011 09:20 PM

          I recently saw the blue and green bowls with the flower pots at a goodwill store. They were chipped too.

          1. c
            cantkick RE: PhillyCook Aug 4, 2011 04:29 AM

            There are outlet stores that sell replacements such as you want. Near you, well, an hour and a half away, is one in Secaucus, NJ that we have visited. (Check to see if it's still there if you are interested.) There may be similar ones closer to you.

            1 Reply
            1. re: cantkick
              Jerzeegirl RE: cantkick Jul 6, 2012 05:16 PM

              There's a C&B outlet in Cranbury, NJ too. That should be closer to PhillyCook than Secaucus. I'd definitely try calling there & they may even ship.

            2. BIGGUNDOCTOR RE: PhillyCook Aug 13, 2011 03:22 PM

              How bad is the chip? Chips can be smoothed down. My Dad used to polish the chipped edges for Mom.

              1. s
                SeattleNutGuy RE: PhillyCook Jul 6, 2012 04:54 PM

                Hi Phillycook, I chipped my sister's lemon colored Addison mixing bowl. Did you have any luck in your search?? I may be forced to buy a whole used set on eBay but thought I would ask before I start staying up late to bid on this...

                Show Hidden Posts