We had a great lunch at Marché du Sud (First Ave between 62nd/63rd) - they have delicious "tartes flambées" (for lack of a better description, French-style pizza, but lighter since it's on a phyllo-dough-ish form), an assortment of salads & sandwiches. BTW were you walking down 12th Ave towards the Intrepid on Thursday?
Definite donds for the dining room at the Rockefeller -wonderful space and good food.
You might also try the rooftop cafeteria at Sotheby's -72nd and York. They have a terrace that's open in summer, but I expect the space is open year-round (plus you get to browse some fine art into the bargain!)
well, without knowing your price range/budget or cuisine preferences, here are some random suggestions:
- Felice (Italian): 1st Ave @64th
- Mediterraneo (Italian): 2nd Ave @66th
- Luscious Thai: 1st Ave b/w 60th & 61st
- Cafe Evergreen (dim sum/Chinese): 1st Ave @69th
- Primola (Italian): 2nd Ave b/w 64th & 65th
- Fatty Fish (Asian fusion/Pacific Rim): 64th b/w 1st & York
- Le Pain Quotidien: 1st Ave b/w 68th & 69th