What to make with Leftover Turkey? Turkey Pot Pie
JFOOD'S TURKEY POT PIE
Turkey Meat - both white and dark meat (amounts can vary by amount on hand) pulled into bite-sized pieces
1 Onion - diced
6 Tablespoons salted butter
1/ 3 Cup flour
2 1/2 Cups chicken broth (an organic boxed version is fine)
1 16oz package of frozen peas, carrots, corn and beans (use whichever combination of vegetables you like)
On sheet of Pepperidge Farm puff pastry (You can substitute 4-5sheets of Phyllo if desired)
Salt & Pepper
3 Tablespoons melted butter
Pennzy’s Old World Seasoning (or any combination of spices that you like. I add some tarragon as well)
1. Remove one sheet of puff pastry from the package and allow to defrost on the counter for about 40 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place the chicken broth in a pot and bring to a simmer over low heat.
4. In a sided 10-12” pan, melt the butter; add the onions and cook over a
medium heat for approx. 15-20 minutes stirring until translucent.
5. Sprinkle the flour over the onions and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, until you obtain a blondish color.
6. While whisking, slowly add the simmering stock to onion mixture and continue to whisk for a few minutes until smooth.
7. Season with approximately 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon Old World Seasoning.
8. Remove from heat and add chicken, and vegetables. Mix completely.
9. Place the chicken mixture into a Pyrex baking dish.
10. Place the puff pastry on top of the baking dish. Brush with the melted butter.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.